Return to Index  

It Is Fairly Short As I Remember

July 13 2017 at 2:06 PM
Ed K  (Login ekmeister1)
YF12

Response to 28X77

Other air rifles with the same seal diameter produce more velocity with even a slightly longer stroke. The R9/R10/HW95 and the Beeman Kodiak/Webley Patriot all owe their high performance to a high diameter-to-stroke compression chamber ratio. Still, when you add a Maccari kit to the FWB 124 the performance is noticeably increased--it adds a nice amount of knockdown power and more yardage to its effective range.

For those who have yet to add an ARH piston seal: The fit of the piston seal will probably seem a bit on the tight side when you first install it compared to some other rifles, but if you retest the velocity in a couple of days you'll see an increase because the seal will have fit itself to the ID of the chamber. The circular valley in the face of the seal is a little wider than on some other seal designs so it takes a little time for it to reduce to the ideal size. It's not a defect--the OEM seal was/is the same way.

Sometimes it pays to turn down the ARH piston seal a few thou if the fit is VERY tight in the chamber when you try to install it. As with some other models out there, even though FWB was a high quality manufacturer, the ID of the chamber in their air rifles can vary from one specimen to the next. However, if in doubt it's better to leave the seal a little too-tight than too-loose. Like I said, it will adjust itself after a little shooting, or even after a week or so of sitting undisturbed in the closet. If you're going to adjust the OD of a piston seal, always leave the leading edge of the piston seal a little larger than the trailing edge to guarantee an airtight seal in the chamber.
Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.