Return to Index  

Great tips!

July 15 2017 at 7:54 AM
MDriskill  (Login MDriskill)
YF12

Response to Osprey tales

Very interesting reading (as are all your posts!). I've always said Webleys were tuff enuff to back your car over, and you have proved it!

I've had only one springer bear-trap adventure, with a P1 pistol. It caught three fingers which was probably lucky--they were mashed up purty good, but had it been only one finger I mighta ended up looking around on the ground for it.

Over the years I've used that same tip with loading taps--their bore is always tapered (very obvious if you accidentally install one upside down during a re-build!), and will act as a quite efficient built-in skirt sizer. I actually made myself a little tool to facilitate that--about a 3-inch length of hobby shop brass tubing, with a blob of epoxy putty as a pusher knob on one end. I use that tool and always start with the biggest skirts when sighting in a tap-loader (which in .177 = RWS pellets).

This message has been edited by MDriskill on Jul 15, 2017 8:09 AM

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.