Return to Index  

Stroke adjustment is your friend..that's where you find efficiency

July 15 2017 at 3:38 PM
Scot Laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
YF

Response to MarauderRifle.com...nt

That adjustment wouldn't be there if it weren't useful.

Think of the valve as metering energy, not flowing gas. You want the least dwell(valve open time)that will give you the velocity you want.

I'd start with the spring adjuster at 75% in, the stroke at about 50%,back it out 1/4 turn at a time until you see max velocity.You can run the spring adjuster in a little more if you insist. That's about all you are going to get unless you open up the TP. Now adjust the stroke in(forward) until velocity starts to drop... that will be close to your most efficient setting for that velocity. I wouldn't run the spring preload at 100%.

I wont repeat Gubb's notes on the velocity curve, efficiency, and tradeoff of power vs shot count...he's dead on.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.