Return to Index  

Not true!

July 15 2017 at 4:12 PM
Doug Wall  (Login DougWall)
YF

Response to I've read driers need to be on the output side so pressure forces

High pressure moisture filters work on the output of compressors because the moisture is more concentrated. If you can keep moisture from getting into the compressor, you're much better off. Some big compressed air facilities use things like refrigerated dryers on the high pressure side (usually just "house" air pressure) to drop the moisture out at 0 deg. F, or so. For a hand pump, having a moisture filter on the output of the pump isn't practical. Any decent sized moisture filter would be larger than the reservoir of most guns, and you would double the pumping strokes needed to fill the gun. In a large, low pressure desiccant filter, the air would would stay in the filter long enough to get the moisture out.

This message has been edited by DougWall on Jul 15, 2017 9:52 PM

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.