Return to Index  

I think we are saying the same thing...

July 16 2017 at 2:08 PM
MDriskill  (Login MDriskill)
YF12

Response to MD

...the second spring in the 65, as you said, is a light one that fits inside the much heavier mainspring. I've frankly never been convinced it did much of anything! And it seems to have come and gone in 65 production without much notice.

The double springs in the FWB 300S are a completely different concept. The action's main spring is in fact two short springs, which are wound in opposite directions, and which fit end-to-end inside the receiver. This idea was probably borrowed from the earlier Walther LGV target rifle--in fact, the spring assemblies for these two guns are interchangeable--the idea being to lessen the torque effect as the spring expands.

Walther didn't invent this concept either. The classic BSA underlevers first used such a spring more than 100 years ago!

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.