Return to Index  

Re: Checkered Stock & Bedliner

July 16 2017 at 7:36 PM
Larry  (Login lad22)
YF12

Response to Checkered Stock & Bedliner

I wouldn't waste my time with the checkering. Your new finish will provide the grip function checkering provides for the slippery wood. If the checkering does show up under the bed liner, it will look out of place since the bed liner finish is the grip. Just fill it in and concentrate on a consistent finish. Use an appropriate chemical and wire brush. Clean finally with alcohol before filling. Sand with 100 grit. The further you spray from, the rougher the finish. About 14 inches gives me the finish I like. 5 light coats works for me. Practice on a 2x4. I finish with 3 coats of clear enamel and let sit 3 weeks before introducing the new look to the Prarie Dog community. They always give my finishes rave reviews.... you know, head over heels.

This message has been edited by lad22 on Jul 16, 2017 7:54 PM

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.