Great gun

August 7 2017 at 7:53 PM
Steve D  (Login sd5782)
YC

Response to CZ Slavia 634 red or blue on Ebay for under $115.00 with

I purchased a wood version on here for $175 am I am very pleased. The 634 does however have a couple of minor easily remedied faults. First is loads of twang that is easily corrected with a custom guide and tophat. Next is to add some HW barrel pivot shims from the small receiver HW guns. This takes a bit of "persuasion", as the receiver forks are pinched together a bit at the front. Smooth the rough edges in front of the trigger blade where the leaf spring contacts it, and you are good to go.

Amazing accuracy, and the .125" diameter wire of the spring is stressed little shooting 8.4gr AA fields at an even 700fps, so I feel it should have a long life. I forgot to mention that the rear bearing ring on the back of the piston on my gun needed shimmed. When measured, it's diameter was less than the piston diameter. This was easily solved by taking the plastic bearing ring off and cutting a thin piece of an appropriate thickness of shim stock to fit in the groove under the bearing ring as a shim. This allowed the bearing ring to actually be wider in diameter than the piston and do its intended job.

Unfortunatly, the metal finish of the 634 leaves a bit to be desired, but not really considering the price. My older CZ631 LUX looks like an HW compared to it. The older 631 needs wider scope mounts if one goes that way. I used Sportsmatch 13-14mm mounts that also fit the older HW guns. My 634 was a bit odd however in that Sportsmatch medium rings would not clamp onto the grooves i.e. they wouldn't/could't get tight. Interestingly some medium Leapers worked just fine. I have many fine springers, and consider my CZs to be very fine also after a bit of tweaking, just as my German guns needed. The CZ accuracy is nothing short of amazing, especially for the price.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.