You Can Try Pulling the Trigger Blade While Inserting the Pins-- 'Wiggle and Jiggle'

August 8 2017 at 10:48 AM
Ed Krzynowek  (Login ekmeister1)
YF12

Response to Help needed with T05 trigger

I think trying some assorted 'wiggling and jiggling' around of the parts during reassembly is what's going to do it for you.

Of course you insert one pin at a time. Just to clarify a point, I feel sure that the pins aren't tapered so they can be installed no matter which end of the pin you insert first.

Use your fingers to align the metal and plastic pieces of the safety sliders as closely as possible to their proper position in the housing so there's a clear circular hole all the way through where each pin fits. Align them to the best of your ability, then pull the trigger blade 2 or 3 times the whole time you're trying to insert the pin(s). If that alone doesn't do it for you, you could try inserting a small pin punch through one of the holes before you even start that process, then work on inserting the 'real' real trigger pin through the other hole. You may have to alternately bear down then release some pressure against the rear of the trigger assembly (i.e. toward the front of the rifle then toward the rear) while you're trying to insert the pins because the fit of the pins through the receiver and trigger is a pretty exact fit. However, it sounds like maybe you already have that part of the assembly process figured out.

If you try inserting the front pin first while working the trigger blade and it won't go in, try inserting the rear pin first. Then insert the other pin while working the trigger blade again if necessary.

In some instances I think I actually removed the trigger blade, then operated the sear the blade hits by hand, up and down--up and down, while inserting the pins. Then I reinstalled the trigger blade, spring, and pin.

I think there's a good chance that will get you somewhere. This is assuming you have that stamped piece of metal that fits inside the plastic piece inserted correctly. If the above doesn't work post again and I'll put my better thinking cap on because I'm working from some rather distant memories here. I worked on a ton of those triggers and I know the problem to which you're referring. Once you've figured it out and done it once you probably won't forget again.

HTH.

Safe and Happy Shooting!

Ed Krzynowek, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

This message has been edited by ekmeister1 on Aug 12, 2017 12:14 PM

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.