50 bull target, 100+ shots with my .177 HW95 over two days.

August 11 2017 at 9:52 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

I haven't posted a 100 shot target for a long time so I thought I would have some fun upstairs at 18 yards shooting "bucket and sticks" since a THAGC field target match is scheduled for tomorrow and I thought the "shooting form practice" couldn't hurt.

The gun Is the .177 HW95 I bought a couple seasons ago on a $299+shipping special deal. The gun has a 4-12x50 Hawke Airmax AO mounted in cheap Weaver rings clamped to a Weaver to dovetail adapter..........
[img][linked image][/img]
The pellets are die lot marked and dated CPLs from the 1250 count box (die "B"s) that were head sized to 4.48mm (or 4.50mm) and lubed with Slick50 OneLube........

I've been reading posts where folks were having trouble with their springers holding zero from one hour to the next (much less one day to the next) so I shot a "zero session" on the first day plus 66 shots in one session. The second day I shot one shot into the "zero bull verifying that the zero followed by the remaining 38 shots without rezeroing the scope. Here is a scan of the target......
Two shots for each bull except 1 thru 4 which have 3 shots per bull. The bulls are 1/4" diameter and the game was to at least "hit the circle" with the edge of a pellet. Most shots were pretty good but some were indeed "wide of the circle" by a "pellet width" except for two that were a further off the mark. LOL..those that are wide of the circle are due to swaying on the bucket while resting the gun on cross sticks.

One of the purposes of shooting 100 shot targets is trying to "follow thru" with the shot, however at times it does seem my efforts are simply trying to "teaching a coconut how to talk"! :o
Anywhoo...while it seems I'm having a "long row to hoe" my latest 100+ shot target does show that the practice is helping some! ;D

I started shooting 100 bull targets at 18 yards "from bucket and sticks" a few years ago attempting to improve my shooting form and here is scans of an attempt to hit 3/8" diameter bulls in Jan 6, 2016......

This message has been edited by SpringerEd on Aug 13, 2017 3:18 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.