A couple replies.

August 12 2017 at 9:57 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to Great shooting

"Would you care to post the blank targets here"
I created targets using CAD software and some of them are available "for free" on the Tar Heel Airgun Club web site under "targets".......
http://www.thagc.com/
I created them to fit the standard 8 1/2" x 11" letter format.

"what you do to get the best accuracy out of these pellets"
Actually, for my .177 HW95 with the tighter leads and my .177 R9 which has a looser leade shoot "unmollested large head" CPL straight from the box accurately. The problem with the HW95 and unsized CPL was the fact that loading them in the leade was a "sore finger proposition" after a shooting session. Also, if I wasn't careful when pressing the CPL into the tight HW95 leade this could happen if the pellet wasn't seated properly........
[img][linked image][/img]
I found that I could make a pellet head sizer that would size a standard 4.54mm CPL head to a 4.48mm (or 4.50mm) head which eased pellet loading considerably. Recently I bought another .177 HW95 barrel from the SSSO Weihrauch parts inventory sell-off and found that it also had a tight leade like my .177 HW95. I replaced the "looser leade" .177 R9 barrel with the new HW95 barrel from SSSO so the same sized pellet head loads properly in both guns.

I really haven't noticed that a sized pellet is any more accurate from my HW95 if seated at the proper depth in the leade, however the sized CPL pellet head does mave loading an easier task.
[img][linked image][/img]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.