FFP scope owners - What has been your technique in determining holdover?

August 12 2017 at 9:57 PM

dave cole  (Login tulsaairguns)
YF12

I hope this makes sense……

How are you that are using FFP scopes, determining how much hold over to use on a target beyond your zero?

I have been using Hawke Sidewinders for the last several years and they have served me well. Using Chairgun, I’ve been able to create accurate holdover charts for all of my guns.

I have recently purchased an Athlon Optics 6-24x50 Argos BTR Tactical Rifle Scope, FFP Ill. ATMR Reticle, 1/4 MIL wanting to dip my toe into the world of FFP scopes and see what kind of benefits they offer me, if any.

Obviously, the FFP as opposed to the SFP, there’s not graphs you can create (i.e. Chairgun, etc.) to refer to, estimating hold over for a given magnification because of the obvious differences between FFP and SFP.

As a point of reference, I zeroed my gun at 50y, shot at 100y and if it were Sidewinder, it would have been a 4 mildot holdover and with the Athlon, it was a 3 mildot. That said, Chairgun doesn't parallel holdover.

Are you guys testing at various distances for your results or is there an app or program that would allow me to generate holdovers?

I understand the mechanics and functionality of FFP scopes. What I'm needing to know is, how are you determining your holdover?

Thanking you in advance.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.