Yep.......your comments are true, however, IMHO.........

August 12 2017 at 10:13 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to If I remember correctly there is several factors that proven successful

while my mods do make my break barrels more consistent under varying atmospheric conditions, I also found that as long as the shooting session has a rather consistent temperature the standard HW95 with newer design thick edged piston seal and "dinosaur oil based lubes" are also consistent after a few more warm up shots that what is required with Krytox and an oring sealed piston cap.

A perfect example is the THAGC field target match I shot today. All but about a half hour of the match was shot in direct sun on a day with about a 98 degree heat index and my HW95 got really hot simply setting in the sun or in the gun case between my "moments in the shooting box". I did mis some targets due to the wind, some goofy trigger work, missing 6 out of 8 offhand/kneeling shots because I stink when I'm the only gun support, however I did feel that the gun was shooting consistently from the cooler temps at 9:00am to the hotter temps at about 12:30pm when the match ended and the misses were simply "shooter induced".

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.