The SWFA scopes did catch my attention till I saw that they were......

August 12 2017 at 10:36 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to SWFA 10x42 video review

"rear focused". How in the world would this scope be used for hunter class field target shooting where "scope rangefinding" is a large part of the competition. LOL.....even for still hunting squirrels I would first set up with "bucket and sticks" and get a "scope rangefind" of all tree around at the "40 yard line" and wait till squirrels crossed the 40 yard barrier before aiming. I guess that a separate LRF could be used for the same purpose but then that's just another piece of equipment to mess with in the field. Even when stalking squirrels I would do a scope rangefind to determine the proper holdover if the squirrel "stayed put" long enough.

Anywhoo......the "rear focus ring" is a negative issue for my airgun shooting where the pellet can drop an inch between my 30 yard zero and 45 yards as this target shows.......
[img][linked image][/img]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.