Years ago I played with a couple adjustable mounts.........

September 8 2017 at 9:11 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to What are your opinions on

a B-Square and a RWS C-Mount finding that mounting the scope, shooting a few groups, then un-mounting the scope to make adjustments so I could check the zero which took a good amount of time only to have them "shake loose" after a while. Those episodes a couple decades ago soured me on the antics od adjustable mounts so I started bending my barrels. LOL...bending a barrel is a quicker and easier process for me that doesn't require mounting/un-mounting/re-mounting yada yada yada and the bent barrel is a long term fix, well, until I change a scope or mount anywhoo.

LOL....here is a damaged "screw on" Beeman scope rail that was damaged by an adjustable RWS C-Mount when trying to tighten it enough to stay put. The "milled scrape out the back" was caused by a Beeman non-adjustable one piece mount (rebadged Sports Match) that had insufficient stop pin exposure from the box.

I do believe that advancements have been made to the adjustable mounts since I tried them years ago and I've read that some can be adjusted without un-mounting/re-mounting the scope and there are quite a few positive posts, however I prefer the simplicity and permanence of simply bending the barrel.

This message has been edited by SpringerEd on Sep 8, 2017 9:16 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.