RWS 54 and Vortex Diamondback 4 x 12 x 40 AO

September 8 2017 at 9:18 PM
Karl  (Login KarlH60)
YF12

I've had this gun and scope for a couple of years, and now that the Tropical Storm Harvey rain fall (49-9/16 inches) has drained away, I took the gun out and shot it.

I think I may have killed the scope as I am having unexplained POI shifts. Sled is adjusted okay, stock screws torqued at 20 in-lbs, RWS Drooper mount at 25 in-lbs on rings and on rail.

This thing used to be a hammer with Crosman domed 14.3 grain and JSB 15.89 grain. I have the turrets zeroed where the previous 25 yard sight-in was. I'll get unexplained POI shifts and can shoot 4 or 5 in a dime at 25 yards and then back to the original zero for another 5 or 6. If I re-zero the scope, I end up going back to the original zero at exactly where the original turrets were set at "O".

No wind and at 25 yards. Held exactly as I have held for the last 2 years.

Before I remove the scope tomorrow and try another, anyone have a suggestion of what else I can check.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.