It did wonders for my airmax 2 pistol

September 9 2017 at 8:38 AM
Alex in Upstate NY  (Login awilde)
YF12

Response to Bore lapping & polishing

along with re-crowning the muzzle. The factory rifling job on the barrel had been really rough even after going through and thoroughly cleaning mine. The crown looked like they just stuck a counter sink in the end (and off-centered at that) so shored the end up and did a proper 11 degree and that improved it more taking out flier shots I kept getting, then lapped the whole thing which took it to a nice polished and shiny inside that pulled the groups in a good bit more (even with crappier ammo that it didn't like as much before). If your barrel was fairly good to start with then it may not benefit from the lapping at all, and could in fact become worse, however if you had a cruddy pitted funky barrel to start with it can certainly improve it and turn it into something quite usable.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.