Scope is suspect

September 10 2017 at 7:24 AM
Karl  (Login KarlH60)
YF12

Response to RWS 54 and Vortex Diamondback 4 x 12 x 40 AO

Diamondback and David,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The sled detent was adjusted a little more loosely than I think it should have been, so I tightened it a bit. Barrel was clean. Checked everything else for tightness, put the action back in the stock, and started shooting again. Action screws torqued at 10 in-lbs. Scope mount rail at 25 in-lbs, ring halves at 20 in-lbs.

Had the same POI issue with the Vortex scope, so mounted a Nikko Stirling Target Master and seems to have resolved the problem.

The Vortex Diamondback lasted about 700 pellets. I'm going to put it on an FWB 150 and give it a try before I send it back for repair.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.