Return to Index  

Tuning

September 10 2017 at 9:04 AM
Steve D  (Login sd5782)
YC

Response to Very funny indeed!

Jim, it sounds as though you used the same JM spring as I did. I like that spring in other guns also. The Mercury without the lost volume of the tap does 650 with Superdomes. Not much power, and certainly not like others I have read about. I also had a Vulcan that made little power also, even when worked over. I have a hard time believing all the 12fpe stories on these guns.

Also with the short stroke, 10+ must be quite harsh. I didn't even like the light shooting shot cycle with the O ring piston head. I took mine off and crudely made an adapter to hold a Diana type seal. Now the Mercury is still not powerful, but at least the shot cycle doesn't finish with a faint metallic "tink" sound from the piston head.

I did see that Airsporter on the table at the Findlay show, but after my experience I just let it find another good home. I picked up a NIB old stock walnut Diana 38 at that show that I have posted about on here or the Diana forum, so I didn't come home empty handed.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.