The main issue with springer "bolt on thingies" is that the receiver wall is rather......

September 10 2017 at 5:40 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to How hard would it be for manufacturers to put a Weaver...

thin which doesn't leave much room for screw threads and then there is the need to cut away the piston skirt for clearance with "thingies" sticking through the receiver wall.

My Beeman R10 (rebadged HW85) from a couple decades ago is a perfect example. These pics show that the threads to hold on the bolt on scope rail were made in the relatively thick wall of the milled steel screw on end cap and the piston skirt was "notched" for clearance with the protruding rail lug. This was done for the HW85 and a BSA Mod55 which had the same piston configration....
sWiaMiLl.jpg
R6AIzUSl.jpg
icFPPa0l.jpg
WKwdbHAl.jpg
OzWzKhJl.jpg

Anywhoo....I have mounted a scope to my HW95 using a dovetail to "Weaver" adapter and then mounting Weaver rings to the adapter.........
lTtuA7cl.jpg
The only thing the Weaver adapter accomplished was to provide a way to easily swap scopes with pre-mounted Weaver rings since there was still the milled dovetail grooves to deal with.

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.