Return to Index  

LOL....should have read your reply before posting the practical duplicate! Anywhoo.......

September 10 2017 at 6:02 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to Weaver rails are big and ugly, especialy if no scope is fitted(using iron sights)

I currently do the "abrasive in the dovetail trick will prevent ring movement" and it works great. Supposedly the BKL mounts won't slide on a scope rail if the base screws are torqued to the recommended max 35 in/lbs but they still shifted on my .177 R9 and HW95 but a cheap one piece mount with "grit" holds using 35 in/lbs of base screw torque.

Anywhoo....when testing my BKL one piece scope mount using only 25 in/lbs of base screw torque and 12 in/lbs ring screw torque I found that the relatively heavy Optisan Viper scope would shift both in the rings and on the dovetail........
5wBaWVCl.jpg
After the test and before shooting the "rain/wind/fog" 2015 National FT match I had re-torqued the base screws to the recommended 35 in/lbs and I still had this amount of base slippage.......
eQu97U8l.jpg

Anywhoo....after adding metal grinding paste to the HW95 receiver dovetails before mounting the mount I haven't had any slippage issues, even with cheap dovetail "oriental mounts".....
TP7YJDHl.jpg
LOL.....I still use the stop pin!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.