Re: What "other issues..."?

September 10 2017 at 8:00 PM

Bob D.  (Login MB-BOB)
YF

Response to What "other issues..."?

I have the MKI version of this pistol. Out of the box, it has a couple glaring design problems (in addition to the erratic regulator):

1) A hard, difficult to adjust trigger, a well-known issue. After stoning the parts, the only thing that made it more predictable was generous use of lube, which needs periodic reapplication. There is little adjustment range, regardless.

2) A rotating barrel, completely unattached to the breech block. Without adding index marks for reassembly, this non-indexed barrel will take a different set -- and shoot to a different POI -- whenever the shroud becomes loose, either with vibration, or following a shroud cleaning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvwZClbLE_0 You will find yourself drilling and tapping set screw holes in the breech to fix the barrel permanently, but then it's resale value plummets.

3) It is well known that the cheap, Chinese o-rings are worthless, and will need replacement.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.