Something To Think AboutSeptember 11 2017 at 7:18 AM
|Frank Alessio (Login fsa70)|
Wow, was this an eye opener for me. I have probably 25 ( 500 ) tins each of JSB 7.33 and JSB 7.87 pellets that I use in my FWB 300s. The JSB 7.87 shoot the best in three 300s and the JSB 7.33 in the other two. All five shoot both pellets great so I buy them in bulk.
However, after shooting some JSB 7.33 from my last order ( 10 tins ) I was all over the target at 25 yards. I can shoot dime size groups and better at 25 yards consistently and now quarter size with a lot of flyers. At first I thought it was the gun but after trying them in all of my 300s I realized it was the pellets.
Upon inspection the pellets look fine with an occasional bent skirt that you'll find in ALL tins but nothing noticeable that woulds cause the terrible accuracy.
So, I started to open every tin and shoot 10 pellets from each tin. The results were discouraging, of the 10 tins 5 were sub standard, the other 5 were , well not to bad, not great but doable.
JSB no longer puts lot numbers on the tins so it's trial and error.
My point is, keep in mind I already know that the JSB 7.33 pellets shoot amazing in my 300s and do in most owners 300s.
Can you imagine if someone just purchased a 300 and was trying to decide what pellet shot best in his/her gun and just bought this lot of pellets. They would think the 7.33 wasn't the right pellet when in fact it might be.
I don't know what the answer is but does this give you something to think about when trying to determine what pellet to used in your new springer or any other airgun for that matter.
I'm fortunate to already know the two pellets that work in mine and glad I'm not just starting off with this lot.
I'll be contacting the company I bought them from and see what they have to say. Very reputable supplier.
- Point taken. - arbiter17 on Sep 11, 2017, 7:56 AM
- lot numbers on the tins - Dick on Sep 11, 2017, 11:58 AM
- Pellet dies wear out - David Enoch on Sep 11, 2017, 12:06 PM
- Is the Head Size Printed on the Back of the Tins You Have There? - Ed Krzynowek on Sep 11, 2017, 1:24 PM
- Good Point - Frank Alessio on Sep 11, 2017, 5:16 PM
- Either way, it still comes down to the fact... - TMurray on Sep 11, 2017, 5:01 PM
- While I like the JSB and AA pellets, I have found - Mike (revoman) on Sep 11, 2017, 8:11 PM
- I too was disappointed by a PA tin of 7.33 JSBs - Patrick on Sep 12, 2017, 12:49 AM
- pellet variation - Jerry on Sep 12, 2017, 8:16 AM
- JSB - Larry Gardner on Sep 16, 2017, 11:24 PM