The term "airgunner" is synonymous with "mechanic"

September 11 2017 at 8:44 AM

Bob D.  (Login MB-BOB)
YF

Response to Improving guns is fun for me >>ModEdited per RULE#13<<

My PP700 is set up for Field Target. As such it has an appropriate -- far more accurate -- 15" replacement barrel, solving the barrel fitment problem. It has a UTG 3-12x 44mm scope and rings, and a 3D printed foregrip added, not to mention tons of time tuning the pistol to 11.5fpe, and making something usable of its trigger. So, I agree, it's not about the money but the fun.

That said, I'm curious to see what benefit Huma can actually achieve... If it's simply a set of retrofit parts to replace the sloppy fitting parts in the factory reg, then fine. I've thought of doing that myself (a lathe project). But that is not Huma's MO in the past. If their idea is to install a tube type regulator within the airtube, then I think that will be a real challenge.

Why? Because, IIRC the air tube is just 45cc as stock, and an internal cylinder-type regulator will occupy at least 25%-33% of that volume, providing very little capacity to regulate. I can't see shot count increasing with that little volume, no matter how efficient.

But we'll see...
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Sep 11, 2017 8:46 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.