Return to Index  

^^TMurray is right on the money

September 11 2017 at 8:54 PM

C. Jones  (Login limbshaker)
YF12

Response to Either way, it still comes down to the fact...

JSB pellets have gotten smaller in recent years. I measured a few tins of 18.1gr with a Leadhead pellet measuring tool (like in Ted's video) and couldn't find any that were a solid 5.52-5.53mm. And most were barely a 5.50mm. Needless to say, most of my guns that did well with JSBs now are useless with them.

H&N has a good idea by offering different head sizes, but the ones I tried in .177 were all over the place. The tin of 4.53mm were all 4.50-4.51. So that's basically worthless if you were expecting a "fatter" pellet. Good thing the Crosman Premiers in the box are still decent.

To any of you that like JSBs, I would highly recommend buying only the Air Arms branded ones. They seem to be a lot truer to size overall. Whether it be .177 or .22 caliber. I have converted over to the AAs with pretty good results so far.

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.