Return to Index  

Scope and rifle leveling

September 12 2017 at 10:42 AM
Josh3rd  (Login josh3rd)
YF12

Ok members, I know that a scopes vertical crrosshair is supposed to bisect the center of the barrel to eliminate cant. You can use a plumb line to make sure your scope is straight up and down.

What I want to know is how can you make sure that your rifle is straight? I know that if you have a breach block or a weaver rail, you can set a level on it but what if you don't have anything flat on your rifle to lay a level on?

For instance I have a prosport with a blk bubble level that attaches to the scope tube. When I look through it at a plumb line, the scope and bubble level shows true but the rifle stock feels crooked. Ok so when I pull my face back to the rear, behind the butt pad and see a very small circle opening through the scope, i center the crosshairs and make sure the bubble level is in the middle, I can see the bottom of the crosshairs post kinda at the 5 o'clock position.

My whole point is that when looking at a target with the rifle is in the shooting sticks or shouldered, and the bubble level is level, the crosshairs look just a little crooked. Even if I am looking at a plumb line and the crosshairs are straight with the line, it looks like the bottom is at 5 o'clock and the top at 11 o'clock.
Now unless it's windy, my shots are right on the vertical for the most part from 10-55yds.

Is there a way to check a prosport to see if it's level (right/left)? I tried to place a torpedo level underneath because that is the only flat place.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.