Return to Index  

"What I want to know is how can you make sure that your rifle is straight?"....well.......

September 12 2017 at 1:23 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to Scope and rifle leveling

if my HW95 poi is in line left to right at both 10 yards and 50 yards then I'm satisfied that the reticle is rotated properly.

Anywhoo, this works well for me and my HW95 or R9...........
Level the gun with bubble level on the flat of the barrel pivot block.........
aU2yYyQl.jpg
Then align the vertical leg of the reticle with a string/weight hung upstairs at 18 yards......
E8E45o7l.jpg

Perhaps this sketch will help......
fgMZ7WVl.jpg

Concerning the "it looks like the bottom is at 5 o'clock and the top at 11 o'clock" statement it seems to me that if the reticle is aligned "properly" but is misaligned when sighting perhaps you're holding the gun skewed so the scope is vertically aligned over the receiver. Anywhoo.....if your statement "unless it's windy, my shots are right on the vertical for the most part from 10-55yds" is correct, What's the issue even if things look "strange"? It does seem to me that your two statements are contradictory but I certainly could be mistaken!

This message has been edited by SpringerEd on Sep 12, 2017 1:35 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.