A while back I tried a tin of JSB Exacts labelled 4.50mm and they shot really good........

September 12 2017 at 8:15 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to Either way, it still comes down to the fact...

from my .177 R9, however they were looser fitting than I liked so I ordered 8 tins of Exacts labelled 4.52mm. In the past I reported my bad experience with the supposedly 4.52mm tins where I even had two dry fires at a field target match with the R9 and would have had a third if I didn't see the pellet flipping out of my leade when re-latching the barrel.

That episode started marathon pellet head measuring sessions which ended up with a few thousand supposedly 4.52mm pellets being measured....
udeSRarl.jpg
Some actually measured 4.52mm but most measured 4.50/4.51mm with the second most pellets measuring 4.49mm. LOL....after all the measuring I wondered why JSB even listed supposed head size on the tins!

Thinking that perhaps my "measuring technique" was questionable I measured a bunch of Air Arms domes labelled 4.52mm and I had a much higher percentage of pellets actually measuring 4.52mm so my measuring technique was indeed verified to my satisfaction.

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.