Athlon Talos 3-12x40 scope?

October 9 2017 at 12:16 AM
Doug T  (Login Doug-T)
YF

I'm picking up a used .22 Synrod and am looking for a scope. Here are my paramaters: 3-12X, mil-dot reticle, side AO, "light" weight, budget of $200ish. After a week of intense internet searching I've narrowed it down to two: the Athlon Talos 3-12x40 (#215004) or the Leapers 3-12x44 (SCP3-3124AOMD). I was able to only find a handful of Athlon 3-12 reviews but they were pretty positive. My best friend has this Leapers model and it's been a great scope. Here's how they compare.

Athlon $150 16.2oz 12" long 4 mil-dots
Leapers $110 21.2oz 14" long 6 mil-dots

I'm really looking for some feedback from people with firsthand knowledge of the Athlon 3-12. I like the lower weight of the Athlon but like the 6 mil-dots of the Leapers and the $40 difference isn't really a factor.

Thanks.
Doug

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.