Friends & Family payment can be reversed by your credit card company

October 9 2017 at 11:54 AM

db  (Login Diamondback)
YC

Response to you can start by filing a claim with Paypal.......

Possibly by your bank if you linked a bank account or pulled the funds from a bank account.

I recently bought a SWFA scope from a great Yellow member & paid using Paypal friends & family.

USPS showed it as delivered but it wasn't at my "front porch" like USPS tracking said online (I don't have a front porch).

I realized it had probably been left at a house that is on a closely named street with the same number address that's a couple of miles away, so I drove over & there was my scope on their front porch!

Then I started thinking...what if I hadn't figured it out & didn't go get my scope?

I had paid by friends & family, so my only recourse would have been to work something out with the seller (even though it wasn't his fault), or contact the credit card company I had linked to my Paypal account & get a chargeback thru them.

I don't think friends & family is a good idea for purchases, no matter who you are buying from.

For $4 extra bucks per hundred dollars, buy the transaction protection.

This message has been edited by Diamondback on Oct 9, 2017 11:57 AM

Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.