Randy, a little history involving RWS rifles. The late Anthony White pioneered long range

October 10 2017 at 10:11 PM

Yrrah.   (Login Yrrah)
YF

Response to My FWB 124D part 4- shooting sessioin

target Springer shooting.

I wrote this tribute some years ago:
In 2006 the late Anthony White US Marine was shooting down to 1.2 inch groups at 100 measured yards .. History. April 2 2013, 8:44 PM

Now we have better groups being shot with springers but Anthony was the pioneer. Unfortunately his health failed before he reached his goal. A humble man who did not ask for any sympathy and passed on quietly with no fanfare.

Quote of Anthony, 2006: RWS 94 rifles.

'Anthony
(Login antny1)January 20 2006, 10:29 AM
YFOT I have a PAIR of RWS 94's one of each caliber. The accuracy of each is about the same with a "TAD" going to the .177, especially with JSB Heavies. I shoot at 100yds a lot and each will consistently place 5 or 10 shots in a 2" to 2.5" group.

The .177 (JSB Heavies) produce the most 1.25 to 1.375" groups. ( Yrrah Edit: If my memory for these thing is near the money, I think Anthony's best was a touch under 1.20 inches).

AND for long range, the JSB Heavies retain almost as much FPE and more velocity @100yds as the .22 with JSB 5.52.

I have the guns set up identical, tuned identical, same scope and mounts etc.

Kindly,
Anthony ....' End quote.

If you wish to search here you will find his original posts documenting the journey he took with his springer (and the flack some others gave him) fom around 2004 to 2006.

History is always worth reading to see who was there and how they solved the problems .... Kind regards, Harry.

Edit: I hasten to add that "Flintsack" here shot a number of sub inch 100 yd 5 shot groups with at least three different rifles. ... H.

This message has been edited by Yrrah on Oct 10, 2017 10:14 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.