Spacing

October 11 2017 at 7:42 PM
Stepar  (Login stepar)
YC

Response to FWB 124 low power, and seal questions

730 with AAs is ~10 fpe, and yes, that's pitiful. No other way to put it.

The last JM spring I measured was 37 coils, 0.128 wire diameter. That boiled down to a 4.74" compressed length; not much, if any room left to space it up. That spring produced a titch over 12 fpe.

I have also run 33 coil springs (also .128 wire, a common diameter)that perform in the 12- 13 fpe range. I did not note whether I had spaced up the spring, but expect I would have.

I want to say the "Old School" kit was billed as "kitchen table installation", that is, much shorter spring than the stock unit. If you have room to do so, try spacing up. That will usually coax out more power. You've got at least 4.74" to fill.

By what you've written I expect you knew not to over goober the innards with tar -- that'll suck the life right out of 'er!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.