Added pictures of shroud internals

November 9 2017 at 11:26 PM
Terry  (Login tdubya48)
YF12

Response to Gauntlet .22 delivered yesterday

Added a few more pictures to my Gauntlet album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uMu97HdpxvRs5ccp1

Removed the shroud to clean the barrel. Pretty simple design. An end plug, a one-piece plastic cylinder containing molded in baffles, and a spring to keep it in place. The end of the barrel has a plastic endcap with an oring that the spring rests against. Mine had a small crack, probably cracked when pressed onto barrel. I wrapped some electrical tape around it for a temporary fix. It was not loose. I'll probably fix with plastic epoxy next time I remove shroud. The barrel seems firmly attached with set screw. The receiver end of the barrel also has a plastic ring with oring and is threaded for the shroud to screw into. This plastic in the shroud setup is probably a weak point in the rifle. Again, an aftermarket opportunity?
The barrel was dirty, very dirty. It took me almost an hour to get all the gunk out.

Tomorrow I plan to test accuracy in my basement 10m range.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.