A couple comments about my "barrel tweaker".

November 10 2017 at 10:05 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to Thanks Ed.

I used an eye bolt made from 5/8" rod.........
kP9eWigh.jpg
1. I originally used an eye bolt made from 1/2" rod but the loop tended to open up with pressure, plus the eye wouldn't slip over my muzzle break.

2. The eye bolt in the pic of the "tweaker" has a Delrin "shoe" that's slipped inside the loop around the barrel before tightening the screw....
rfaWeVch.jpg
The purpose of this "shoe" is to spread the bending load so the barrel doesn't get a "kink" at the bend point and to prevent "scuffing up" the barrel finish. With the "tweaker" it's easy to position the loop so that an "excess bend" can be reduced since the bending point is always at the same point. I do have a couple "positioning holes" but so far I've always used the "mid point hole".

3. The "wood" is made from construction grade generic 2x4s.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.