Precision at longer distances???

November 11 2017 at 12:24 PM
bReTt  (Login CBPeter)
YC

Hey all!

I am wondering if real precision shooting can be done at longer distances (40 yards +) with sights other than a scope. I’m talking about that .5” consist group or hitting a dime sized dot at that distance and doing it with confidence, not just chance. All of this is assuming that the rifle and shooter are capable of course.

I can see clearly where I am aiming on a small target with a 20x scope and fine reticle at 50 yards but is that possible with anything other then a scope?

Aperature sights? Iron sights? something else?

Would it be possible if the actual aim point was larger at those distances so it could be visible and repeatable?

I’m new to thinking about this... maybe some of you are already doing this with good success. Any tips, tricks or suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks airgunners!
Brett

This message has been edited by CBPeter on Nov 11, 2017 2:19 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.