Caulking Gun + Silicone + Home Depot-------

November 11 2017 at 12:52 PM
doug phillips  (Login jdphill)
YF

Response to Want to fill plastic Stock ,Silicone or Bondo ?

Go to Lowes-Depot and feel the heft of a Full Caulking Tube of GE 100% Silicone Clear. Consider the amount of space you want to fill in the butt stock and Fore arm of your Gamo.
One to 1-1/2 tubes is about all you can get inside one. It will add considerable heft to your stock, which I assume is what you are desiring.
You can attach an extension of plastic tubing, (6 inches?) to the end of the caulk tube and reach into deep spaces otherwise inaccessible. Start at the deepest point and squeeze out silicone as you slowly withdraw the tube towards you to fill all the recesses.
I used non hardening window glazing compound in my Gamo S1K. But upon reflection, I believe this to be a much more efficient method.
Tube of 100% Silicone $5 each, Caulking Gun $2, 12 inches Plastic tubing (fuel hose) $1.
Now my Gamo feels and shoots more stable. A good investment. Go for it, you will be glad. (I performed many other Mods as well, guides, top hat, drop in trigger, tune, de burr, polish, etc.).
HTH,
doug,P.
History IS the Preview of the Future, don't forget Any!
http://www.DamagedWoodStocks.Info
doug,P.

This message has been edited by jdphill on Nov 11, 2017 12:53 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.