150 yd drink cans with an HW 97

November 12 2017 at 11:54 AM
ChrisK  (Login r1lover)
YF

Response to what spring rifle for long range accuracy do you guys like

I've done a bit of field target shooting and where I shoot spring gun guys use TX 200's or HW 97's if that says anything to you. Ted's Holdover videos show him knocking over empty shotgun shells with a factory .177 R9 at 100 yds. I have personally made Swiss cheese out of a small tomato juice drink can 2 inches wide by 4 inches high at 150 measured yds with my factory .177 HW 97 with 6.5-20x scope. I used H&N Field Target Trophy pellets straight out of the tin. I had to experiment a bit to find the hold my gun shoots best using and be consistent with that. Keep your stock screws properly tightened and use thread lock. From everything I've seen and read, keep velocities at or below 900 fps in .177 for best pellet stability. Good luck and have fun.

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.