My research

November 13 2017 at 10:16 AM
Tom  (Login KTM250XC)
YF12

Response to Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately all too common! N/t

before and after I purchased my Independence showed most problems with this rifle tend to be related to earlier vintage models. It seems the majority of Independence problems I read about or spoke with people about, were with rifles from pre 2013. Of course I could be completely wrong with my research, including that date, but none the less, this is what I found out.

One other thing to point out is; I do not think this rifle is good for anyone living in a humid environment. Meaning the east coast, or southeast to gulf coast, or anywhere with similar humidity levels. I am located on the Allegany Plateau in northwest Pennsylvania and during the summer months we typically see only a couple of weeks or so of moderate humidity. During one unusually high humidity period is when my rifle developed the water droplet noted in my last post. But this humidity is always short lived here and overall our summer temperatures are quite low as compared to the rest of the country. This past summer season we had only a handful of days which reached 80°F or low 80's.

When I shot my Independence on this past Friday, the 10th, the weather here was VERY dry with a high temperature of only 21°F. Yesterday saw only slightly higher temps. Overall I am certain these ambient weather conditions have benefited the operating life of my Independence.

This message has been edited by KTM250XC on Nov 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.