Red & Tacky

November 13 2017 at 10:17 AM

SteveP  (Login ColdAir707)
YC

Response to Mike, would Lucas Red& Tacky essentially be the same lube? (It's what I have) Thanks! nt.

Mike, I was just about to respond to Mike's video. The lube he uses looks exactly like R&T. I was doing some research on lubes and decided to give that a try. Powder burners swear by it. Lubricant technology is constantly evolving and I thought that there must be another alternative to moly lubes. I have an RWS M40 that was shooting OK, but was a bit graunchy when cocked. I don't have a spring compressor, so I applied the R&T with a brush through the slot. I applied it a little heavy, figuring it would migrate with use. After a few shots all the graunchyness disappeared and the shot cycle improved. It is shooting with only about 3 fps standard deviation, so I know it is lubed well and running properly.

As a side note, this gun came with the typical RWS bone dry chamber. My research led me to Microlubrol Armasil High Performance 100% silicone oil. A couple of drops worked wonders for me, but as usual, anyone that tries it do so based on your own research and YMMV.

For years I have been using Royal Purple Synfilm as a pellet lube for my PCP's and CO2 guns. Again, another highly advanced lube that works extremely well for me.
I thought I was wrong once... But I was mistaken!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.