Brushy Bill has written the truth about aperture sights

November 13 2017 at 7:48 PM
cal  (Login CalG)
AR&P

Response to Front and rear apertures can shoot very small groups

They can reverse the effects of ageing eyes when used "correctly"

My favorite shooting is the NRA small bore 50 foot target shot at 50 YARDS!

I don't see well close up, But I can see the front sight aperture ring encircle the target black quite well.

Though this shooting is strictly for my own pleasure, my "scores" are not too bad at all. I have no problem keeping five shots "in the black" for most (not all) the targets on a page.

Note, those target rings are 1.5 inches diameter. Without the "peep" sight , I can not see those targets at 50 yards. With the aperture, They are in good focus through the front aperture. I've used a blade front insert as well, and the shooting is about the same. There is more light available with the post over the ring front inserts. I will try the glass insert with an "air hole" aperture some time soon. I just have not got around to making one, and the sight I have is not supported by those who produce the glass front sight.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/the-envelope-please-my-best-rifle-sight-award-goes-to/

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.