LOL........I'm not using a 10 yard ZERO and the rise of the pellet........

November 13 2017 at 9:56 PM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to Totally agree with you on this! But then, I could care less

from the muzzle to a 30 yard zero distance is an issue.

As a "springer hunter" I attempt to stalk within my zero distance (or closer) whenever possible and with my .177 cal HW95 setup I only take 40 yard shots on squirrels IF the atmospheric conditions are perfect and I have a very solid shooting position which is hard to find in the field.

The issue (for me) with "40-45 yard shots" regardless of the pellet trajectory is wind drift past my zero distance. I can pretty much "guesstimate" the hold over out to 40 yards, however I simply don't have a handle on wind drift because it is so variable, especially if there are "shifting cross winds" along the pellet flight.

Anywhoo.....whatever works best is the key to "critter punching" and that happens to be 30ish yards max for my shooting skills under woods conditione!

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.