Fitting a TX200 cocking shoe

November 13 2017 at 10:31 PM
Brazos  (Login Brazos2)
YF12

I have this JM TX200 cocking shoe I have been waiting until the end of the season to install. Well the time has come. I have been surfing the net and really not sure what I need to do. Most old posts no longer have pictures now that photobucket went away. From what I gather I need to remove material from the front of the shoe (I assume the front of the shoe is the muzzle end of the shoe). Assuming that is correct how do I know how much to remove? As a side question does the piston seal make a difference when fitting the shoe? For example if I fit the shoe with my current O-ring piston seal (Vortek) and later change to a different style piston seal, will that effect how the cocking shoe locks up? I have new breech seals I plan to install at the same time. Should I install the new breech seals before I fit the shoe or after (with the thought the new ones will compress over time)? Any advice you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.