Don't forget the cost of rebuild, unless it has already been done

December 2 2017 at 9:57 AM

daveshoot  (Login daveshoot)
AR&P

Response to How Hard is it to Find Diana 75 Rifles??

This has also been on my list for a long time. I have a couple that are close, but I have never had a 75.

If you see a low or even apparently reasonable price, but in "original condition", it almost certainly needs a rebuild, and you need to factor that in to the true cost of ownership.

If it is rebuilt by a competent person, it will almost certainly be at a higher cost, and possibly worth it..

This is one of those collector traps where "original condition" sounds like a good thing, but even a cosmetically perfect rifle that old (the cherished "safe queen") has seals that have turned into a doughnut of hard parmesan cheese.

There are people with the time and skills to DIY such a rebuild, but I am not one of them.

They are lovely rifles, and my ancient but resealed Diana 65 (Winnie 333) can play pretty competently with a FWB300. Since the '75 is the improved version, yeah, I want one, and you do too. Good luck and if you get one, please post pics!

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.