Not sure why...

December 2 2017 at 11:44 AM
gubb33ps  (Login gubb33ps)
YF

Response to What's Your Thoughts on HATSAN PCP Rifles?

Don't seem to get much attention on this forum..not real sure why.
HAve 3 older Hatsans, haven't had any real problems with them, use them quite often. Have some features I prefer to the M-Rod but other people see things the other way around.

Maybe it's becasue I hunt/shoot in some pretty nasty dirty areas and gear gets knocked around a bit. Wanted a simple, hard to screw up, non-delicate rifle to take on those hunts that didn't need to be pampered.

Can exclude the wood version shown...it's not a typical Hatsan and doesn't get out into the really nasty places to hunt that the two plastic stocked versions do.

photo f9eca360-fd9c-4f6c-b2a8-16d54b4d8e69.jpg

1. Do prefer the NON QE versions (which is why they are "bare barrel" in the picture). Would just rather have a detachable LDC to give me the option...but that's not the way the industry as a whole seems to be going.
2. Like the detachable tank with valve. When something does leak or you have the urge to change something, can just work on the detached tank and not have to take the whole rifle apart.
3. Mags have worked reliably and are a whole lot easier to clean if you drop them in the mud.
4. All I've had shoot very well....have seen posts by others with EITHER the M-Rod or the Hatsans that have had problems.

None of the above things really count in most folk's use for an air rifle. They aren't going out into the rain, slogging along though slat marsh/mud, or getting whipped/knocked by brush or branches.

This message has been edited by gubb33ps on Dec 2, 2017 11:47 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.