CZ200 velocity problem

December 3 2017 at 9:22 PM
Brazos  (Login Brazos2)
YF12

I have a friend with a .22 caliber CZ (AA)200S. He bought it used and has had an issue with it and brought it to me to check out. I put it on my chronograph and it did the same thing for me. First I took the air cylinder off my CZ200 and put it on his rifle. I figure using my chrono and my air cylinder took two possible problems out of the equation. When we shot it the first 5 shots were very tight, around 835fps, take or give a couple fps. Then instantly it started shooting in the 750fps range and again for 4-5 shots that were very tight fps wise. Then it shot up to the 815fps range for 4-5 shoots that were very tight fps wise. I stopped there as it was doing exactly as he described. The velocity is very tight for 4-5 shots and then instantly jumps up or down 50fps and shoots tight 4-5 times and jumps 50 fps again. No classic curve. What would cause this on a CZ200? One thought I had since shooting the rifle is he had it turned up pretty hot to be shooting a .22 caliber pellet in the 830fps range. This is a CZ200 and I am not sure what velocity a .22 cal CZ200S should be shooting but that seems too fast. Maybe the main spring is over tightened?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.