There is another way to help prevent canting without a level michael

January 6 2018 at 4:19 PM
Mike  (Login Houlihan54)
YF12

Response to Chris , are you right handed and left eye dominant?....

And it's a way without using a bubble level. If you have a properly soped rifle you can use the bottom of the vertical cross hair to intersect the middle of the breech of the stock with a simple glance, much easier than looking at a bubble mounted to the scope regardless of where it's mounted. The eye has A natural ability to center things. A perfect scope in my books would be a mid to high quality optics with a bubble level located inside and at the bottom of the ocular lenses for shooting at long distances thus eliminating Th e need of taking eye off reticle. Problem is I have never seen my dream scope, but one day, fingers crossed.

Just this morning was using this method on a .20 R9 shooting pellet tins at 132 yards with great results. I also find this method works exceptionally well when shooting from a steep side hill incline when it's easy to loose perspective of the cross hair to the terrain.

I hope I have made sense of my ramblings. Cheers

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.