Cometa tends to build airguns just a little off the beaten path

January 6 2018 at 4:37 PM
Scot Laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
YF

Response to Re: Looks like a winner. hammer forged barrel, good looking wood stock with adjustable cheek

most (of the few that have entered this country in significant numbers) were well made, though I seem to recall one model that didn't have a great rep.

One of the reviews said the .22 would easily hold a tight group over two magazines full, so 26 shots seems like the minimum shots per fill at US spec levels. That's what you get with the combination of highish output, a smallish, low pressure reservoir, and no reg. One of the Brit testers got 140 shots at 10.5 ft/lbs, so it probably would give you a hundred shots per fill at 12 ft/lb.

The upside of that is that pumping back to full would be easy and quick, with no need to rest the pump.

I may just sell one of my M-rods and replace it with the Orion, it sounds like a much better match to my preferences in a gun.

Personally, I wish there were more guns on the market specd like this. Lower fill pressure, so the reservoir doesn't need to be as strong(heavy)give up a dozen shots per fill in return for a shorter reservoir and handier gun, no reg, so simpler and more reliable,and put the money into a great barrel.

This message has been edited by classicalgas on Jan 6, 2018 4:54 PM

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.