FX stock to action fit question

January 7 2018 at 11:41 AM
mark w  (Login nicky99)
YC

i have a new FX royale 400. When i received the gun the action was a crazy tight (walnut) fit. i called FX and was referred to ernest. the option was to sand some of the stock material or return the gun. regretably i chose to do the sanding myself. so after 2 hours with a dremel and paper the stock finally fit properly. ha! thought i was done. then i noticed that when i tightened the stock screw it pulled the bottle up so it put pressure on the barrel. not good imo. so after more sanding the bottle no longer touches. there is just less than 1mm between the two. yet, when i tighten the stock screw it still pulls the bottle up. my question is should this be a concern? i could probably remove more material so the bottle is "free floating". is this worth the effort? opinions welcome!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.