All righty then...

January 7 2018 at 7:44 PM
Patrick  (Login pat601)
YF12

Response to FWB 124 disassembled - Lube recommendations?

You may wanna look at some take down/ reassembly websites....the zip tie trick on the safety is a grief saver...

You seem new to this sorta thing....Remember; in spring powered airguns ALL lubricants will migrate...the thinner the lube the quicker/ easier the migration...most mineral oil based/ petroleum based lubricants become flammable under quick high compression conditions the very exact condition created by the fast moving piston in your FWB124...called dieseling you want to avoid this....
That is best done by avoiding the use of any oil as a lube....my opinion is to use a molybdenum paste like Jim Maccari sells only and lightly on the piston seal and raised area of the rear of the piston and very light barely perceptible wipe on the spring...

Other guys may tell you some tar or Euro-grease on the spring...I'm tuning a124 myself and I'm using the Maccari "twist on" spring that he sells and a very light moly paste only lube...I'm also putting in the "old style buttons" that Jim sells at the rear of the piston...

The tight fitting spring and buttons should keep the buzz/twang minimal the pellet speed up and the shot to shot consistency with no dieseling and minimal warm up...

My experience has lead me to use less and less lube on springers....moly paste burnished in is a long lasting minimal lube.
Krytox lubes are another step up, expensive and best used after some experience gained..

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.