Attempting a ProChrono Digital Repair?

January 30 2018 at 12:53 PM
JB in FL  (Login ircaver)
YC

Has anyone attempted taking one of these apart before? The data jack has come loose from the circuit board. I can transmit shot string data via the USB connection to my laptop/PC only if I apply slight pressure on the jack but what a royal P.I.T.A. I noticed in the battery compartment, a single Philips head screw. Is this the main point to separate the two halves or is there anything else I should look for? I'm a wiz with a soldering iron and circuit boards. The repair seems to be an easy fix.

I considered doing an RMA return to Competition Electronics, but the turnaround time and cost is unacceptable.

I hope someone can give me some advice before I try the repair solo and learn the hard way.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.