My Case Was Glued Together...

February 1 2018 at 3:18 PM
JB in FL  (Login ircaver)
YC

Response to Yep, thought I was going to break it a couple of times

At the snap points and proved difficult to proceed. I used Popsicle sticks and wood shims after I got the rear of the case opened, I worked my way down the side where the power switch and data port was located. It opened up like a clam shell and though the lenses for the sensor eyes fell out, the're easy to reinstall. Once I got going on it, it took only around ten minutes to separate the case halves. Inspecting the circuit boards, I found the data jack was poorly installed and failed due to a poor installation. One of the positive pins was bent in a "Z" shape which caused metal fatigue. Every time I plugged or unplugged the data jack, it put stress on the pin, causing it to break. Re-soldering was was a bit tricky, as I had to do it in place. I reinforced the data jack to the circuit board with some JB Weld. A very successful repair! Everything works fine now.

Respond to this message   

Airgun Calculators    Num of fills calc    Capacity Calc

******** Kalibrgun High quality, superb Accuracy, outstanding Value. ********

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.