At the snap points and proved difficult to proceed. I used Popsicle sticks and wood shims after I got the rear of the case opened, I worked my way down the side where the power switch and data port was located. It opened up like a clam shell and though the lenses for the sensor eyes fell out, the're easy to reinstall. Once I got going on it, it took only around ten minutes to separate the case halves. Inspecting the circuit boards, I found the data jack was poorly installed and failed due to a poor installation. One of the positive pins was bent in a "Z" shape which caused metal fatigue. Every time I plugged or unplugged the data jack, it put stress on the pin, causing it to break. Re-soldering was was a bit tricky, as I had to do it in place. I reinforced the data jack to the circuit board with some JB Weld. A very successful repair! Everything works fine now.